Sunday, February 26, 2012

Some times the process is more important than the product.

I know it's a cliche, but these two projects meant a lot to me.


Portrait of Franchesca, our model from Chile. Franchesca is such a lovely and spiritual person, I hope her quiet nature comes across in the painting.
She is wearing a deep red Tibetan wool jacket, a gift from her friend.




The still life painting is finally finished. Painted in natural light over several weeks. I was dealing with seasonal light changes and time limitations ( a few hours here and there). This project took nearly a year! I think it took that long for a reason, it was kind of therapeutic. It gave me time to reflect on many things.

1 comment:

EHoward said...

John, these are fantastic. That portrait should be hanging in a gallery! I love portaits... I could never get enough of the National Portrait gallery in London