Monday, June 14, 2010

Recent and not not so recent stuff

In chronological order...

Graphite and white chalk on toned paper from two week figure drawing workshop.


Last painting of the nine month class. Mostly color wash with some form painting on portrait and torso. Also preparatory drawing for above (detail).


Portrait of Randy Graphite and white chalk on toned paper.




Solar plate etching based on a drawing I completed at Studio Escalier. (5 X 7 in.) It is a simple, safe, and fast approach to etching and relief printing that does not use grounds, acids or solvents. It is exposed with UV light and developed with ordinary tap water. A one day workshop at Argos Gallery instructor Suzy Schultz of Atlanta, Ga.


Figure painting. Oil on linen (10 x 20 in.)





Figure drawing and detail from another.

4 comments:

Deborah Allison said...

John, Your work is just beautiful!
Wish I could be there progressing like you are. Oh well! I'm thrilled to see the wonderful pieces you are creating!

Krista said...

Beautiful stuff John! I LOVE the solar etching. Please say hello to the etchers for me when you return to Eli's place. I have been thinking a lot about etching while I have been away.

The Art of Kevin Wueste said...

new toned drawing is Bad &ss!!!! nice work!

my secret word is "peradyst" - what the ???

anwar said...

Matie, where is all the NEW STUFF?
keen on working during the holidays bud?

see you soon.
dj azza